The Mad Dater online dating blog

The Mad Dater - An Online Dating Blog

Diatribe of a Mad Dater - "Because there's a Bastard in all of us"

Why Write a Dating Blog?
Why All The Bastard Names?



The Best Of The Mad Dater:
Girls Like you Don't Get Married
Bastards I Won't be Dating
The Threesome That Never Was
Player Pie- A Dating Recipe
Dear Condom Manufacturers
The Bastard I'll Always Love - Hip Hop
Break Up Stages
Seinfeld's "The Thing"
Bastard Affective Disorder
November Sweeps
The Oh No You Did Not Girls
The Punisher Bastard
Fiction: The Original Bastard

The More Introspective Mad Dater
Still Missing My Dad
The Night My Mother Disappeared
Now My Brother & I Don't Speak
My Mother Was a Cheater
My Dad's Funeral Was a Joke
The Introspective Mad Dater


Email The Mad Dater

Dating Blog Archives:


Copyright Notice:

© 2003-2010, The Mad Dater.
All written content on this blog
is copyright protected

As if you care about my dating life! But since you're reading this dating blog....

Friday, January 27, 2006
So How Do You Break Up With Someone... The Right Way? 

The comments on the blog post: relationship expiration dates got me thinking... when you do get to the end of a relationship, how do you end it properly?

Each person has their own way of ending things. My mother broke up with my family by showing up less and less. She'd spend more and more time away from the family. First simply phoning in dinner recipes for me and my brother to cook while in elementary school. Then finally she just stopped showing up.

I simply get so fed up with things, that I just can't talk to the person anymore. So I say, "This is the last time I'll be talking to you." And I mean it... it is not a bluff tactic as some Ex-Boyfriends wrongly thought.

Recently He's Like a Brother to Me told me that his last girlfriend of 5 years simply sent him an email. I hear that this "Click. Send. Problem Solved." attitude is common in the Online Dating World. But does it go the same for someone you've been dating for a while?

He's Like a Brother to Me was hurt and angry and felt that he "at least deserved an explanation" for why his girl broke up with him. But does he really? Maybe she felt that she could only handle the break up if she cut off all ties to him? Or maybe she was just a Bitch.

So when you break up with someone, are you still responsible for their feelings? Do you owe them anything? And most importantly, how do you break-up with a significant other the right way?

The Mad Dater - Later kids

Let Me Know What You Think. Leave a Comment:
Permanent Post Link | 0 comments


So How Do You Break Up With Someone... The Right Way? - The Mad Dater Dating Blog
New Posts From The Mad Dater