The Mad Dater online dating blog

The Mad Dater - An Online Dating Blog

Diatribe of a Mad Dater - "Because there's a Bastard in all of us"

Why Write a Dating Blog?
Why All The Bastard Names?



The Best Of The Mad Dater:
Girls Like you Don't Get Married
Bastards I Won't be Dating
The Threesome That Never Was
Player Pie- A Dating Recipe
Dear Condom Manufacturers
The Bastard I'll Always Love - Hip Hop
Break Up Stages
Seinfeld's "The Thing"
Bastard Affective Disorder
November Sweeps
The Oh No You Did Not Girls
The Punisher Bastard
Fiction: The Original Bastard

The More Introspective Mad Dater
Still Missing My Dad
The Night My Mother Disappeared
Now My Brother & I Don't Speak
My Mother Was a Cheater
My Dad's Funeral Was a Joke
The Introspective Mad Dater


Email The Mad Dater

Dating Blog Archives:


Copyright Notice:

© 2003-2010, The Mad Dater.
All written content on this blog
is copyright protected

As if you care about my dating life! But since you're reading this dating blog....

Monday, January 16, 2006
I'm No Sally, He's No Harry and Yes, Men & Women Can Be Friends 

Yes, I have often proved the opposite to be true... by messing around with friends such as Dr. Love Bastard and Beverage Boy. But I do believe that men and women can be friends.

When Harry met SallyCase in point: He's Like a Brother To Me - who I've been friends with for 10 years now. He loves me warts, quirks & all, laughs at my idiosyncrasies and never treats me like a "girl" when we're hanging with his boys (though he always opens the door). He's not afraid to show me his sensitive side. I know what you may be thinking. And, no he's not gay (I already have a gay husband - hey cutie - ala Will & Grace).

He has many of the qualities that I look for in a beau:
  • He's cute - this one chick he went to college with recently told him that back in the day they thought he was a model - a fact that is now the punchline to all of my jokes.
  • He's smart - he runs his own company.
  • He's funny - he always knows how to make me laugh. Like when he pointed out all the women at Apres Diem who were giving him dirty looks because they must have thought that I was bawling because he was breaking up with me, when really he was comforting me after my dad passed away.
So why haven't I dated him or at least tasted the goods?

This is a question which surely crossed his parents' mind the Thanksgiving when all of the friends went to their house for dinner and he decided that this would be a great time to give me another driving lesson. We left with laughter... we came back in a screaming match (he almost got me killed, though he will claim that I almost got him killed). The fight was so intense that he parents thought that I was the reason why he had recently broken up with his H.S./College sweetheart. Surely, only two people who were fooling around could argue so intensely... but that was just not the case.

So why haven't I dated him? Well the name should say it all: He's Like a Brother To Me. And "He's like a brother to me" is often what my response when asked the question: "So why don't you two date?" And this is one friendship that I don't want to get all sticky with emotional entaglements and bodily fluid - lol.

The Mad Dater - Later kids

Let Me Know What You Think. Leave a Comment:
Permanent Post Link | 0 comments


I'm No Sally, He's No Harry and Yes, Men & Women Can Be Friends - The Mad Dater Dating Blog
New Posts From The Mad Dater