The Mad Dater online dating blog

The Mad Dater - An Online Dating Blog

Diatribe of a Mad Dater - "Because there's a Bastard in all of us"

Why Write a Dating Blog?
Why All The Bastard Names?



The Best Of The Mad Dater:
Girls Like you Don't Get Married
Bastards I Won't be Dating
The Threesome That Never Was
Player Pie- A Dating Recipe
Dear Condom Manufacturers
The Bastard I'll Always Love - Hip Hop
Break Up Stages
Seinfeld's "The Thing"
Bastard Affective Disorder
November Sweeps
The Oh No You Did Not Girls
The Punisher Bastard
Fiction: The Original Bastard

The More Introspective Mad Dater
Still Missing My Dad
The Night My Mother Disappeared
Now My Brother & I Don't Speak
My Mother Was a Cheater
My Dad's Funeral Was a Joke
The Introspective Mad Dater


Email The Mad Dater

Dating Blog Archives:


Copyright Notice:

© 2003-2010, The Mad Dater.
All written content on this blog
is copyright protected

As if you care about my dating life! But since you're reading this dating blog....

Wednesday, January 04, 2006
Frivolous Dating Time Calculations 

So how much Frivolous Dating Time do you have left before you're dragging someone down the aisle?

OK, so those damn eHarmony commercials got to me. And damn, if I didn't spend 45 minutes filling out that never ending questionnaire. And damn if didn't start getting responses from people who were "on paper" really compatible to me.

So what did I do? Did I agree to meet the would be dates? Nope. Why?

See, I did the math on how much Frivolous Dating Time , I have left before I have to contemplate a life of waking up to the same person every day.

Calculate Frivolous Dating Time: # of Months You Have Before You Must Start Seriously Dating if You Want to Get Married:
Frivolous Dating Time = (35* - Current Age) - 2** Years
35* = Age you are officially Over The Hill (no matter what Oprah says). Also the age that your chances of getting pregnant drastically drop if you are a woman
2** = Amount of years it takes to find The One and get engaged... at least that's what the Self-Help Books like Date Like A Man and Stop Getting Dumped say.
Guess that's why I'm running away even from the idea of eHarmony. See, they promote the idea of serious relationship... leading to marriage... leading to your very own eHarmony commercial where you flash wedding bling at the camera as you tell your "We met on eHarmony" story.

And even though some say, that at my age I should be... ahem... contemplating nuptials, my head is just not there yet. Better to be a Runaway Dater than a Runaway Bride I say.

The Mad Dater - Later kids

Let Me Know What You Think. Leave a Comment:
Permanent Post Link | 0 comments


Frivolous Dating Time Calculations - The Mad Dater Dating Blog
New Posts From The Mad Dater