The Mad Dater online dating blog

The Mad Dater - An Online Dating Blog

Diatribe of a Mad Dater - "Because there's a Bastard in all of us"

Why Write a Dating Blog?
Why All The Bastard Names?



The Best Of The Mad Dater:
Girls Like you Don't Get Married
Bastards I Won't be Dating
The Threesome That Never Was
Player Pie- A Dating Recipe
Dear Condom Manufacturers
The Bastard I'll Always Love - Hip Hop
Break Up Stages
Seinfeld's "The Thing"
Bastard Affective Disorder
November Sweeps
The Oh No You Did Not Girls
The Punisher Bastard
Fiction: The Original Bastard

The More Introspective Mad Dater
Still Missing My Dad
The Night My Mother Disappeared
Now My Brother & I Don't Speak
My Mother Was a Cheater
My Dad's Funeral Was a Joke
The Introspective Mad Dater


Email The Mad Dater

Dating Blog Archives:


Copyright Notice:

© 2003-2010, The Mad Dater.
All written content on this blog
is copyright protected

As if you care about my dating life! But since you're reading this dating blog....

Saturday, December 31, 2005
Be Careful What You Ask of the Dating Gods 

Most people say that they want to date a friend, who they happen to have great sex with. As Beverage Boy so eloquently put it:

"I just need someone I'm cool with to have sex, go out every once in a while, not get on my nerves, and not get mad if I want to deal with other people if I choose to let them know."

Been there, done that with Dr. Love Bastard aka: Dr. Sigmund Bastard. Here's the one thing that's missing from that equation: yearning.

Dr. Love Bastard
certainly had the whole "homie, lover, friend" thing working for him. And even though he is more into me now than ever before, I'm falling into "I-Need-Moresville" (Which is only 1 mile away from "This-Is-Overville"). Why? He doesn't yearn for me.

As the year rounds to a close, I ask the eternal dating question: What am I looking for in my 2006 dates? The Dating Gods usually deliver what you ask of them... but there's a catch: be careful what you ask for.

I often find that when you ask the universe for something that you have to be very specific in order to get what you really want. Sorta like the universe of one big episode of The Twilight Zone, where the protagonist thinks they are getting what they want, until they get to the end and realize that they've been had. Thank God that in real life you don't have Rod Sterling rubbing your error in your face during the final credits. But I digress...

I know what I am looking for and for 2006 I'm adding: someone who yearns for me to the list. Call me narcissistic if you must, but I want to feel like I really matter to the person I'm dating; in a close to "life and death" sorta way. Am I asking for too much? Or am I asking for a stalker?

I better rephrase. I just want to feel really into someone and feel that reciprocated. I guess that's what I mean.

Note to self:
Bookmark this blog post. I need to see how this pans out for The Mad Dater in the new year.

So what are you looking for in a date in 2006?

The Mad Dater - Later kids

Let Me Know What You Think. Leave a Comment:
Permanent Post Link | 0 comments


Be Careful What You Ask of the Dating Gods - The Mad Dater Dating Blog
New Posts From The Mad Dater