The Mad Dater online dating blog

The Mad Dater - An Online Dating Blog

Diatribe of a Mad Dater - "Because there's a Bastard in all of us"

Why Write a Dating Blog?
Why All The Bastard Names?



The Best Of The Mad Dater:
Girls Like you Don't Get Married
Bastards I Won't be Dating
The Threesome That Never Was
Player Pie- A Dating Recipe
Dear Condom Manufacturers
The Bastard I'll Always Love - Hip Hop
Break Up Stages
Seinfeld's "The Thing"
Bastard Affective Disorder
November Sweeps
The Oh No You Did Not Girls
The Punisher Bastard
Fiction: The Original Bastard

The More Introspective Mad Dater
Still Missing My Dad
The Night My Mother Disappeared
Now My Brother & I Don't Speak
My Mother Was a Cheater
My Dad's Funeral Was a Joke
The Introspective Mad Dater


Email The Mad Dater

Dating Blog Archives:


Copyright Notice:

© 2003-2010, The Mad Dater.
All written content on this blog
is copyright protected

As if you care about my dating life! But since you're reading this dating blog....

Tuesday, October 12, 2004
Out Da Game 

While it might be obvious, I'll say it: these last few weeks I've not felt like bothering with the whole dating/hooking-up thing. Oh yeah, I thought about "giving the game up" as the players say. Thought about tossing in my player card, thought about retiring my pimp cup. Well, not so much the Pimp Cup thing since I'm a little offended by the concept, plus I think Lil John own's them all.

How I know I can't give it all up just yet (AKA: I am a gay man trapped in a woman's body):

  • I just had to see "Dr. Love Bastard" last Friday, and for the first time it was sans pretense. My introductory joke : "So will I be needing two condoms or three?"
  • I think I had an orgasm at the Van Hunt Concert at The Cotton Club last week. His voice just does something a little special to me...
  • When I was introduced to few new people, the thoughts that ran through my head were not those of someone turning over a new leaf - lol

I tried to give up the game, but old Bastard's seem to come a'calling:

  • Got a call from "Vidal Sassoon Bastard"... I'm still supposed to return that phone call... emphasis on "supposed to".....
  • Last Tuesda,y as I was putting the finishing touches on that last post, who should call and invite me to lunch? None other than "I Need Love Bastard" . We had a decent lunch at Taqueria Del Sol. More importantly, I felt nothing - no spark, no "well just once more", no nothing. 'Cept maybe, "Dude, pass the guacamole."

Speaking of younger dudes... now that I've dated one, "Young Man" scent is on me. That can be the only explanation for all the young guys who have hit on me lately. (Also, missing my dad must be having the opposite effect; this can be the only explanation for all the Older Men who are now hitting on me. ) Where are all the dudes my age, or thereabouts?

...Guess it's like that gang saying "Once your in Da Game, you're a member for life"...

The Mad Dater - Later kids

Let Me Know What You Think. Leave a Comment:
Permanent Post Link | 0 comments


Out Da Game - The Mad Dater Dating Blog
New Posts From The Mad Dater