The Mad Dater online dating blog

The Mad Dater - An Online Dating Blog

Diatribe of a Mad Dater - "Because there's a Bastard in all of us"

Why Write a Dating Blog?
Why All The Bastard Names?



The Best Of The Mad Dater:
Girls Like you Don't Get Married
Bastards I Won't be Dating
The Threesome That Never Was
Player Pie- A Dating Recipe
Dear Condom Manufacturers
The Bastard I'll Always Love - Hip Hop
Break Up Stages
Seinfeld's "The Thing"
Bastard Affective Disorder
November Sweeps
The Oh No You Did Not Girls
The Punisher Bastard
Fiction: The Original Bastard

The More Introspective Mad Dater
Still Missing My Dad
The Night My Mother Disappeared
Now My Brother & I Don't Speak
My Mother Was a Cheater
My Dad's Funeral Was a Joke
The Introspective Mad Dater


Email The Mad Dater

Dating Blog Archives:


Copyright Notice:

© 2003-2010, The Mad Dater.
All written content on this blog
is copyright protected

As if you care about my dating life! But since you're reading this dating blog....

Friday, October 22, 2004
But My Momma Said Don't Talk To Strangers 

I don't know about y'all, but for the most part, I make it a point not to date strangers. If after going out with a dude and I find out that he's crazy I need a witness and a reference to scream on for having a crazy friend.

With my track record with strangers, this seems to be the best method. Remember that semi-psycho: "No Sex in The Champagne Room Bastard"- a stranger, remember: "Phone Stalking Bastard "- a stranger (who thankfully has stopped calling me), remember that race riot starting MF: "Throw Ya Guns in the Air Bastard"- another stranger (well he knew a few people I knew, but only tangentially).

So as you can see my track record with strangers sucks. Hence why when dudes try to holla as I walk home I say, "Thanks, but I make it a point not to get involved with strangers."

So with all that said, I was walking home and this dude asked for my number. I don't know what made me start talking to him (well he was cute - lol). So we chit-chat for about 30 minutes and he gives me his phone number. Here are the reasons why I'm sticking with my policy regarding strangers and not calling him:
  1. He told me that he thought Common was better than The Roots. Ok, Common has skills and all but that Electric Circus album rules him out right there...

  2. He's 25 and I've had my fill o'the youngsters; one was enough. Well two if you count that guy who was nineteen when I was 24- and that was for research purposes only. I keep hearing those scientific studies about nineteen being the age when men have the most testosterone after my research I have to concur.

  3. He started talking about taking trips together. I'm thinking, "Dude, I jut met you I barely know if I even want to use your phone number much less leave the state with you." Lest I should end up on the news as a murder victim. (Yes, these are the crazy thoughts that go through my head.)
Nonetheless, I won't be calling ole boy. But I have to say, there are a lot of strangers who try to get the number and sometimes I really want to give it to them, but I never do. And do you blame me?

Seriously, what's a girl to do, I tried to get license numbers - but dudes don't like to give up that info. What do you all do when you meet strangers? I won't even let them know where I live until I know them well enough. Yes, I have previously been stalked....

The Mad Dater - Later kids

Let Me Know What You Think. Leave a Comment:
Permanent Post Link | 0 comments


But My Momma Said Don't Talk To Strangers - The Mad Dater Dating Blog
New Posts From The Mad Dater