The Mad Dater online dating blog

The Mad Dater - An Online Dating Blog

Diatribe of a Mad Dater - "Because there's a Bastard in all of us"

Why Write a Dating Blog?
Why All The Bastard Names?



The Best Of The Mad Dater:
Girls Like you Don't Get Married
Bastards I Won't be Dating
The Threesome That Never Was
Player Pie- A Dating Recipe
Dear Condom Manufacturers
The Bastard I'll Always Love - Hip Hop
Break Up Stages
Seinfeld's "The Thing"
Bastard Affective Disorder
November Sweeps
The Oh No You Did Not Girls
The Punisher Bastard
Fiction: The Original Bastard

The More Introspective Mad Dater
Still Missing My Dad
The Night My Mother Disappeared
Now My Brother & I Don't Speak
My Mother Was a Cheater
My Dad's Funeral Was a Joke
The Introspective Mad Dater


Email The Mad Dater

Dating Blog Archives:


Copyright Notice:

© 2003-2010, The Mad Dater.
All written content on this blog
is copyright protected

As if you care about my dating life! But since you're reading this dating blog....

Friday, July 16, 2004
Is My Heart in San Franscisco? 

While eating dinner at Harry & Son's, He's Like a Brother To Me told me the kind of bastard I'm looking for lives in San Francisco. So I need a Gay Husband? If so, I don't need to leave Atlanta for that. I already have a gay husband here - Houston. Well he's not officially my husband yet....

What He's Like a Brother To Me meant is that the only guys who fit the bill for my eclectic tastes seem to live in San Fran. Well if it's a requisite that I listen to Dilated Peoples and Jurassic 5, then I need to book that flight now. And if that doesn't work out, I can always explore this lesbian thing.

In other news ...and a congrats goes out to He's Like a Brother To Me for finally getting over his first love. It took 8 years, but he's finally over her. he told me how he saw her at The W Hotel lounge and felt nothing - no "Who is she her with", no "That Bit#$", no "Why did she break my heart", no nothing.

This may not seem like a big deal to most, but this is actually how we became friends. Not because him and his girl broke-up (Though his parents still think I had something do do with that) but because watching him go through that break up made me realize that men had feelings. Not that I thought that they were made of stone or anything, I just thought they got over these things. I thought that when guys break-up with someone, they got over it without all the blubbering and self doubt and "What's wrong with me"s that women go through.

Boy was I wrong. And yes, men do cry - ALOT. But he really opened up my eyes to the feelings of men. And for that we'll always be friends. And that's why I love him like a brother. I love you man....

The Mad Dater - Later kids

Let Me Know What You Think. Leave a Comment:
Permanent Post Link | 0 comments


Is My Heart in San Franscisco? - The Mad Dater Dating Blog
New Posts From The Mad Dater