The Mad Dater online dating blog

The Mad Dater - An Online Dating Blog

Diatribe of a Mad Dater - "Because there's a Bastard in all of us"

Why Write a Dating Blog?
Why All The Bastard Names?



The Best Of The Mad Dater:
Girls Like you Don't Get Married
Bastards I Won't be Dating
The Threesome That Never Was
Player Pie- A Dating Recipe
Dear Condom Manufacturers
The Bastard I'll Always Love - Hip Hop
Break Up Stages
Seinfeld's "The Thing"
Bastard Affective Disorder
November Sweeps
The Oh No You Did Not Girls
The Punisher Bastard
Fiction: The Original Bastard

The More Introspective Mad Dater
Still Missing My Dad
The Night My Mother Disappeared
Now My Brother & I Don't Speak
My Mother Was a Cheater
My Dad's Funeral Was a Joke
The Introspective Mad Dater


Email The Mad Dater

Dating Blog Archives:


Copyright Notice:

© 2003-2010, The Mad Dater.
All written content on this blog
is copyright protected

As if you care about my dating life! But since you're reading this dating blog....

Tuesday, June 22, 2004
The More Personal, Introspective Mad Dater 


This is an archived post. Please read my more recent posts to this dating blog


At 23 I was still tying to understand how a parent could leave their family without a word, as my mother had done when I was 20. At 23 I was still trying to understand how one event could change the path of your life, as mine had changed. At 23 I was still trying to understand how even with friends and family who cared, you could still feel alone.

So when Mr. 23 - "I Need Love Bastard" explained to me that his "needing to get something off his chest” simply meant he needed to talk to someone, I understood all the things he wasn't saying. In that moment I silently forgave him for not returning my phone calls. In that moment I felt compassion for him. And in that moment I knew after a good conversation, he probably needed a good "release." (I would be crass if I said, "nut" huh?! - y'all know I'm laughing right now.)

So while he was driving me home the next morning, and I was explaining how it didn't matter if I had an orgasm the night prior, it took me aback when he asked “Why are you always so nice to me?"

I wanted to say that I understood that sometimes you just need people to nice to you. I wanted to say I understood needing to have someone to talk to whose ears would be judgment free as they listened. I wanted to say I remember feeling alone and wishing I had someone who I didn’t have to "play happy" for.

I wanted to say eventually (eventually!) no matter how F'ed-up life could be sometimes, "good things eventually happen." I wanted to say you don't have to let F'ed-up situations make you become a F'ed-up individual - never stop being positive. But instead I smiled and said, "Ok, I’m just gonna be mean to you from now on."


BTW
- what would a Mad Dater story be without comic relief... seems that while I was having this conversation on when orgasms are necessary, my phone dialed "Dr. Love Bastard" who recorded said conversation... to be continued….

The Mad Dater - Later kids

Let Me Know What You Think. Leave a Comment:
Permanent Post Link | 0 comments


The More Personal, Introspective Mad Dater - The Mad Dater Dating Blog
New Posts From The Mad Dater