The Mad Dater online dating blog

The Mad Dater - An Online Dating Blog

Diatribe of a Mad Dater - "Because there's a Bastard in all of us"

Why Write a Dating Blog?
Why All The Bastard Names?



The Best Of The Mad Dater:
Girls Like you Don't Get Married
Bastards I Won't be Dating
The Threesome That Never Was
Player Pie- A Dating Recipe
Dear Condom Manufacturers
The Bastard I'll Always Love - Hip Hop
Break Up Stages
Seinfeld's "The Thing"
Bastard Affective Disorder
November Sweeps
The Oh No You Did Not Girls
The Punisher Bastard
Fiction: The Original Bastard

The More Introspective Mad Dater
Still Missing My Dad
The Night My Mother Disappeared
Now My Brother & I Don't Speak
My Mother Was a Cheater
My Dad's Funeral Was a Joke
The Introspective Mad Dater


Email The Mad Dater

Dating Blog Archives:


Copyright Notice:

© 2003-2010, The Mad Dater.
All written content on this blog
is copyright protected

As if you care about my dating life! But since you're reading this dating blog....

Saturday, June 19, 2004
Just My Mad Dater Imagination 

Dear Mad Dater:
Wow, I can't believe that you invited me to your company party. It was nice to receive an invite from you after speaking to you the week before. Crazy how we always seem to think of each other at the same times....

I'm glad that you did return my call. It had been a while since I last saw you. I think it was about 9 months ago- shortly after I met HER. It's cool that we can still be friends especially after our past.

I do miss how we used to hang out, watch tapes of Adult Swim and have great sex. Remember that time we had sex on the kitchen sink with the water running? WOW. Well I couldn't exactly forgot that or a few other times....

Yes, I remember how when I met HER and I told you, you said "Well if you met someone that you really like then you should go for it, or you'll regret it." Wow, that dinner at Fishbone was so long ago. That was when Richard Blais was still there... Then he went onto open Blais... now he's at Bazzaar .

Yes that was a great dinner. I remember how understanding you were. I thought that you would go crazy and stab me with your fork; as most women would do at hearing that news. But then again you aren't like the other girls I've met. You are the same girl who agreed to hook me up with your cutie friend when I expressed what I thought wasn't interest. You could always see my ulterior motives. It's cool that we still hung out after that.

See, it's because of that past that I was suprised when we were at Aqua Blue and you told me that, "You used to really like me." Lady, that was a total surprise. I never knew. I didn't think that a girl who really liked me would try to hook me up with her friend , then still mess with me after that fell through and would understand when I told her that I found someone who give me butterflies.

But now that I think about it, maybe you really liked me. You liked me in a way that no one else will admit to. You liked me enough to let me spread wings. Maybe you thought I would still end up with you after I sowed my oats.

Too bad it's like a year since this thing with me and HER started. (Did I tell you that we went to Italy together?) Yes, I really like her... not enough to marry her yet, or to not see YOU. But I like her ENOUGH. I guess it's like they said on Sex and The City: she easy and you're not.

But I don't knock you for that. That's what I like about you. I guess I just need someone easier and you (you'll hate this part) and you, you'll be my "the one that got away." You'll be the one when I'm married that I'll hold in my heart and think, "I hope she's doing well. I hope she found her equal match. I hope she's happy."

There's always a part of me that will always wonder "What if?f" But that's all there is and I wish you the best.
Your Friend,
"El Bastard Gigante"

The Mad Dater - Later kids

Let Me Know What You Think. Leave a Comment:
Permanent Post Link | 0 comments


Just My Mad Dater Imagination - The Mad Dater Dating Blog
New Posts From The Mad Dater