The Mad Dater online dating blog

The Mad Dater - An Online Dating Blog

Diatribe of a Mad Dater - "Because there's a Bastard in all of us"

Why Write a Dating Blog?
Why All The Bastard Names?



The Best Of The Mad Dater:
Girls Like you Don't Get Married
Bastards I Won't be Dating
The Threesome That Never Was
Player Pie- A Dating Recipe
Dear Condom Manufacturers
The Bastard I'll Always Love - Hip Hop
Break Up Stages
Seinfeld's "The Thing"
Bastard Affective Disorder
November Sweeps
The Oh No You Did Not Girls
The Punisher Bastard
Fiction: The Original Bastard

The More Introspective Mad Dater
Still Missing My Dad
The Night My Mother Disappeared
Now My Brother & I Don't Speak
My Mother Was a Cheater
My Dad's Funeral Was a Joke
The Introspective Mad Dater


Email The Mad Dater

Dating Blog Archives:


Copyright Notice:

© 2003-2010, The Mad Dater.
All written content on this blog
is copyright protected

As if you care about my dating life! But since you're reading this dating blog....

Tuesday, June 29, 2004
It's Not Live, It's Memorex 

I've been recorded and not in the good "I better have the only copy of this tape" way. More like the "Stupid Criminals Caught On Tape" way. "Dr. Love Bastard's" machine recorded my conversation with "I Need Love Bastard". Of course it's one of those new fangled machines that can send your messages to email - busted!

See the night before, I turned down "Dr. Love Bastard's" invitation for "Dessert at The 26th Street Cafe" in favor of watching Chappelle's Show Season One on DvD. So when he called me right after "I Need Love Bastard" dropped me off and kept asking me what I did the night before, I knew something was up. I'm all like, "Well, I told you. I just bought Dave Chappelle's and ...." Busted. He replies "That's not what I heard...."

OK, pause... see the only people who get full disclosure of my night activities are Witchy Woman and L-Boogie (Believe me, there are a lot of details that I leave out of this dating blog!) And even though "Dr. Love Bastard" and I are long time friends (who have sex every now and then), I still keep "My Bid-Ness" - my business. He knows what the deal is; he does read this blog after all.

But the truth about why I would rather spend a night with Dave Chappelle followed by a night cap of "I Need Love Bastard" over this bastard is because I'm bored with our current situation. I never thought I would use "bored with" and "Dr. Love Bastard" in the same sentence, especially because of some of the past "escapades" that we've shared (the pool, the snow, the cab....).

But like everything else in life, you go through stages and reach a point when you have to go to the next stage. I've already had the "I've got a Crush on You" stage and the "That's What It's Made For" Stage, now I need The Next Stage.

"Dr. Love Bastard" you already know this. So when I turned you down the two other times this past week and when I continue to turn you down, don't act like you don't know why; feel me? Too bad you won't be....

The Mad Dater - Later kids

Let Me Know What You Think. Leave a Comment:
Permanent Post Link | 0 comments


It's Not Live, It's Memorex - The Mad Dater Dating Blog
New Posts From The Mad Dater