The Mad Dater online dating blog

The Mad Dater - An Online Dating Blog

Diatribe of a Mad Dater - "Because there's a Bastard in all of us"

Why Write a Dating Blog?
Why All The Bastard Names?



The Best Of The Mad Dater:
Girls Like you Don't Get Married
Bastards I Won't be Dating
The Threesome That Never Was
Player Pie- A Dating Recipe
Dear Condom Manufacturers
The Bastard I'll Always Love - Hip Hop
Break Up Stages
Seinfeld's "The Thing"
Bastard Affective Disorder
November Sweeps
The Oh No You Did Not Girls
The Punisher Bastard
Fiction: The Original Bastard

The More Introspective Mad Dater
Still Missing My Dad
The Night My Mother Disappeared
Now My Brother & I Don't Speak
My Mother Was a Cheater
My Dad's Funeral Was a Joke
The Introspective Mad Dater


Email The Mad Dater

Dating Blog Archives:


Copyright Notice:

© 2003-2010, The Mad Dater.
All written content on this blog
is copyright protected

As if you care about my dating life! But since you're reading this dating blog....

Thursday, April 08, 2004
Thanks For Playing... 

OK - so a girl was on Bastard Overload this last week: There was "Do The Right Thing Bastard" and y'all know what happened with him. There was "The Physicist Bastard" who fascinated me with his explaining of the "The String Theory" (we'll see if he calls). There was"Fight The Power Bastard" who I met on the train. Even thou he was a little too "power to the people" for me, I still took the number. ( A lady always needs a spare bastard; we'll see if I call). And there was "Mr. Touchy-Touchy Bastard", who I "hung out" with after going to **Compound. WELL he does live nearby and he still does know how to "Serve Me Well"; a name he may very well have earned back that night.

When I got another cryptic email from "No Sex In The Champagne Room Bastard" , I started to wonder what all this bastardly behavior of mine was really about. The way I've been hooking up lately, you'd a thought I just got released from prison. Yes, I am on a quest for THE ONE... eventually. But I seem to only be finding the TWO and THREE now. And since no one has ever gotten closer to being THE ONE for me than "Vidal Sassoon Bastard", I knew he could help me.

While he didn't necessarily provide me with any insight we did have an excellent conversation. I remembered why I had the feelings I had for him. When he asked me if I was feeling any of these bastards, all I could say was "Yes, but none of them completely" . That's when he totally summed up my attitude toward bastards: "Thanks for playing. We'll send you some nice parting emails".. Maybe that's the insight - everyone keeps telling me I should be married, that I should be having children and settling down, etc. But I'm enjoying having too much fun "playing" at this whole dating thing and I like it like that!

Happy Holidays!

** Since everyone else in the ATL has written their review of Compound, I thought I would throw in my 2 cents.
Compound is like the Drag Queen of clubs: She's big (It took me 20 minutes to give up looking for Strawberry Shortcake and her husband Di$#-Zilla who were also there), beautiful (the layout and design are top shelf)), is friends with the scene makers and wannabes (buckhead-types), lives in the on the verge of hip part of town (West Atlanta) and you had better not leave her house smelling like smoke (yes, it's another one of those No Smoking clubs).

The Mad Dater - Later kids

Let Me Know What You Think. Leave a Comment:
Permanent Post Link | 0 comments


Thanks For Playing... - The Mad Dater Dating Blog
New Posts From The Mad Dater