The Mad Dater online dating blog

The Mad Dater - An Online Dating Blog

Diatribe of a Mad Dater - "Because there's a Bastard in all of us"

Why Write a Dating Blog?
Why All The Bastard Names?



The Best Of The Mad Dater:
Girls Like you Don't Get Married
Bastards I Won't be Dating
The Threesome That Never Was
Player Pie- A Dating Recipe
Dear Condom Manufacturers
The Bastard I'll Always Love - Hip Hop
Break Up Stages
Seinfeld's "The Thing"
Bastard Affective Disorder
November Sweeps
The Oh No You Did Not Girls
The Punisher Bastard
Fiction: The Original Bastard

The More Introspective Mad Dater
Still Missing My Dad
The Night My Mother Disappeared
Now My Brother & I Don't Speak
My Mother Was a Cheater
My Dad's Funeral Was a Joke
The Introspective Mad Dater


Email The Mad Dater

Dating Blog Archives:


Copyright Notice:

© 2003-2010, The Mad Dater.
All written content on this blog
is copyright protected

As if you care about my dating life! But since you're reading this dating blog....

Tuesday, January 13, 2004
Why Write A Dating Blog? 

Hmm V.V. recently asked me why did I start writing a dating blog? I coulda told him something about needing to express myself creatively or some other crap. But the truth is this:

1. It's easier to have all my friends come to this dating blog to get an update on "What's been going on" with me and I won't have to keep repeating the same stories.
2. Since a girl isn't getting married anytime soon, there'll be a lot more bastard stories to come.
3. My other possible blog ideas pretty much sucked.
Scrapped Blog Ideas:

The Sandwich Chronicles - "'Cause everybody eats'em":
...So today I stood in Subway and thought, "What would Jared do?" I mean, I know I should go for the whole "5 grams of fat or less", forget the cheese choices. But forget the cheese?! A life without cheese is no life at all. And what would happen to all the dairy farmers if we all skipped the cheese (and laxative makers)! I say to hell with Jared today, I want cheese...

The Shoe Diaries - "Like Men, You Can Never Have Too Many"
...Yeah, I did it today. I chose comfort over style. I know I'm getting older when I choose the "School Marm-ish" black flats. And to think, it was just a week ago when I purchased the "Men Love - Em's" - a pair of black and white stiletto, lace - up, spectators with tassels. With shoes, isn't style over comfort a foregone conclusion as a woman? What next, will I be wearing sneakers w/skirts to work? I shudder at the thought....
I had a few others but they just get worse. So a crazy Dating Blog it will be. Though if I ever get married (God forbid), I might give a Sandwich/Marriage Blog a try:
"Oh no he didn't ask me to make him roast beef sandwich - not after the horrible sex that we had last night. Where's my beef I ask?....

The Mad Dater - Later kids

Let Me Know What You Think. Leave a Comment:
Permanent Post Link |


Why Write A Dating Blog? - The Mad Dater Dating Blog
New Posts From The Mad Dater