The Mad Dater online dating blog

The Mad Dater - An Online Dating Blog

Diatribe of a Mad Dater - "Because there's a Bastard in all of us"

Why Write a Dating Blog?
Why All The Bastard Names?



The Best Of The Mad Dater:
Girls Like you Don't Get Married
Bastards I Won't be Dating
The Threesome That Never Was
Player Pie- A Dating Recipe
Dear Condom Manufacturers
The Bastard I'll Always Love - Hip Hop
Break Up Stages
Seinfeld's "The Thing"
Bastard Affective Disorder
November Sweeps
The Oh No You Did Not Girls
The Punisher Bastard
Fiction: The Original Bastard

The More Introspective Mad Dater
Still Missing My Dad
The Night My Mother Disappeared
Now My Brother & I Don't Speak
My Mother Was a Cheater
My Dad's Funeral Was a Joke
The Introspective Mad Dater


Email The Mad Dater

Dating Blog Archives:


Copyright Notice:

© 2003-2010, The Mad Dater.
All written content on this blog
is copyright protected

As if you care about my dating life! But since you're reading this dating blog....

Thursday, January 08, 2004
A Few B- Day Shout- Outs... 

"First of all I wanna thank the man upstairs and my momma..." - oops I thought this was some Hip Hop Awards Show...

Seriously, I never thought that my Thirtieth Birthday would be the best birthday that I've had so far... so I must thank a few people for making it great:
  • Chef Richard Blais: It should go without saying that you're creativity in the kitchen is unsurpassed since I ate a Fishbone many time. (Yes, I still have dreams about that foie gras w/ seared tuna in a balsamic reduction) Now you have created an excellent restaurant Blais in Atlanta. The meal set before us was the best I've had all year (then again the year just began - but you know what I mean). From the Appetizers to the Dinner Tasting Menu , your food's progression went from wow to wowzers. Yes, I was actually speechless after eating the Tenderloin with Blue Cheese ice cream (Cow Scares or not, I must have that again). Not only was the food enjoyable, but the effort put forth by the Staff at Blais Restaurant made me feel like a VIP on my birthday. Hope a girl can still get a reservation when you're named one of Atlanta's Best Chef's and Blais, One of Atlanta's Best Restaurants...
  • "Poetic Bastard"- I know in my state I said it many times, but see I'll even say it sober: Thank you so much for dinner and making me feel like my birthday wasn't just another day to celebrate , but that you were celebrating me. I really appreciated that. You have given me an irreplaceable present...
  • Witchy Woman - Just for being you; and those shots didn't hurt. OK, that story you told me about _____ still had me laughing today... As always, I feel very blessed, and lucky to have you in my life...
A Few More B- Day Shout- Outs... continued... (Click Title To Read More)

  • Beverage Boy Thank you for the gift and it better not be "a bottle of Geritol"... Seems I'll forever be "Elaine" to your "Costanza", wish you weren't in The Chi - Town...
  • "That Smiling Bastard" - Thank you for joining us at Blais Restaurant. I really appreciate that you took the time out to celebrate with me. You are definitely a funny MF...
  • Jazzy-Belle - for keeping the drinks coming ... and I will be calling you earlier on Sat morn... early Saturday...
  • Jennifer - That card was hilarious. I knew that my birthday was "The Epiphany" or "Three Kings Day" but I didn't know it was also, "Cuddle Up Day" ...
  • "Serve Me Well Bastard" - Speaking of "Cuddle Up Day"... ahem, thank you for coming out to East Side Lounge and being my "Superman" that night, "Here I come to save you from that lady!"
Thanks you for all the Cyber Space Birthday wishes from:
  • Van Vader - Hopefully, I will be in NYC in sping, since I know all the old school (prep school) crew will be attending any b-day shin dig of your's, especially it being the big'un and all... look forward to seeing ya Mr. DJ...
  • Sharn - I thought someone had been lurking around... then again I have been know to attract lurkers... LOL!
  • Cheri - Your enthusiasm jumps off the page - or maybe it was the all caps - either way, thanks alot...
  • Paul - I swear, you and "Poetic Bastard" could be related - matter's fact I'm about to do some invistigating...
  • The Hard Artist - Hard One, thank you so Mischa for the appearance on my birthday, I really appreciate your words...
  • Jessy - Long time no see Jessy, thank you for the b-day wishes...

And to all the one's who I was too drunk to recall... thanks - kidding, I wasn't that drunk... was I?

The Mad Dater - Later kids

Let Me Know What You Think. Leave a Comment:
Permanent Post Link | 0 comments


A Few B- Day Shout- Outs... - The Mad Dater Dating Blog
New Posts From The Mad Dater