The Mad Dater online dating blog

The Mad Dater - An Online Dating Blog

Diatribe of a Mad Dater - "Because there's a Bastard in all of us"

Why Write a Dating Blog?
Why All The Bastard Names?



The Best Of The Mad Dater:
Girls Like you Don't Get Married
Bastards I Won't be Dating
The Threesome That Never Was
Player Pie- A Dating Recipe
Dear Condom Manufacturers
The Bastard I'll Always Love - Hip Hop
Break Up Stages
Seinfeld's "The Thing"
Bastard Affective Disorder
November Sweeps
The Oh No You Did Not Girls
The Punisher Bastard
Fiction: The Original Bastard

The More Introspective Mad Dater
Still Missing My Dad
The Night My Mother Disappeared
Now My Brother & I Don't Speak
My Mother Was a Cheater
My Dad's Funeral Was a Joke
The Introspective Mad Dater


Email The Mad Dater

Dating Blog Archives:


Copyright Notice:

© 2003-2010, The Mad Dater.
All written content on this blog
is copyright protected

As if you care about my dating life! But since you're reading this dating blog....

Thursday, October 09, 2003
Hank Williams... Get Out Of My Head! 

So some of you thought that I would have nothing to write about now that "I got a man"?. If I weren't my own worse enemy this would be the case. But... The Mad Dater can be a bastard too... Que Hank Williams
But sleep won't come the whole night through/Your cheatin' heart will tell on you.
So Monday night I went out with "Dr. Feel Good Bastard". (Who, you may recall, I met him during "The Big Bastard Weekend" . Now, we've been meaning to go out for some time, that time actually just arrived on Monday. We got some drinks a Gecko Lounge. (Note: The margaritas suck go to The Flatiron instead.) Then after a pretty good conversation we decided went to Metal-Some Monday at The Dark Horse Tavern's 10 High Club. First of all, it's cool as sh!@. Where the heck are you gonna sing karaoke to a live band and metal at that? I digress. This would have been an excellent date if I hadn't recently told "El Diablo Bastard" that I would be his girlfriend... - yes, ponder the contradictions.

He dropped me off. I tentatively said that I might like to go see Chris Robinson with him. I went upstairs and then...
"You'll toss around and call my name/You'll walk the floor the way I do /Your cheatin' heart will tell on you"
Yowza! I thought I heard "El Diablo Bastard" in my head. I'm not made for this stuff - hey I'm the same person who would rather fail a test than cheat in school (opportunities for cheating did abound) because I thought that I would get caught. To make matters worse, when I saw "El Diablo Bastard" on Wednesday, all seemed fine 'till ya man asked "This is mine, alone?" (referring to the booty as men do) and I was like "yes". He said "Don't lie to me". I was artfully evasive. Whew -
"Your cheating' heart will tell on you"
This post was brought to you by the makers of:
Self - Destructive Behavior - We always find a way to help you mess thing up!"

The Mad Dater - Later kids

Let Me Know What You Think. Leave a Comment:
Permanent Post Link | 0 comments


Hank Williams... Get Out Of My Head! - The Mad Dater Dating Blog
New Posts From The Mad Dater