The Mad Dater online dating blog

The Mad Dater - An Online Dating Blog

Diatribe of a Mad Dater - "Because there's a Bastard in all of us"

Why Write a Dating Blog?
Why All The Bastard Names?



The Best Of The Mad Dater:
Girls Like you Don't Get Married
Bastards I Won't be Dating
The Threesome That Never Was
Player Pie- A Dating Recipe
Dear Condom Manufacturers
The Bastard I'll Always Love - Hip Hop
Break Up Stages
Seinfeld's "The Thing"
Bastard Affective Disorder
November Sweeps
The Oh No You Did Not Girls
The Punisher Bastard
Fiction: The Original Bastard

The More Introspective Mad Dater
Still Missing My Dad
The Night My Mother Disappeared
Now My Brother & I Don't Speak
My Mother Was a Cheater
My Dad's Funeral Was a Joke
The Introspective Mad Dater


Email The Mad Dater

Dating Blog Archives:


Copyright Notice:

© 2003-2010, The Mad Dater.
All written content on this blog
is copyright protected

As if you care about my dating life! But since you're reading this dating blog....

Saturday, September 27, 2003
You Know You're at a Hole in The Wall When ... 

You know you're at a hole in the wall when... a woman starts yelling to the band that she wants to hear some Prince "Cause I want my pantyhose wet."

I think The Mad Dater has a new spot. "El Diablo Bastard" and I had the best time on Friday night at The Village Sports Bar and Lounge in East Atlanta. This is by far the best hole in the wall I've been to in a long time. (Sorry Clairmont Lounge) I really liked it because everybody was represented there, from college kids, to bougie black couples, to hipsters, to people who looked like they coulda went to school with my parents.

First we considered going to Teaspace, then he said "I've got a place for ya". (I was hoping it was one of those crazy sex clubs he keeps telling me exist in Atlanta.) This place is truly a hole in the wall. Not only did it have red lights, and crazy seventies prints on the walls, but they serve some kick butt hot wings! The band was excellent and everybody was dancing to their mix of blues, rock and R&B. Dude they even did a pimped out, Isley Brothers-esque version of The Gap Band's "Outstanding" slowed down...

At one piont El Diablo Bastard and I were dancing so close (Well that's if you consider dancing slow grinding and making out dancing) that this old guy tapped us on the sholders and was like "Y'all better cut that out" - We were rolling. That's when we decided to take our "dancing" somewhere else.

At about 3:00 am, we stopped over at East Side Lounge but only stayed for like 30 minutes. Why such a short time you ask? Well, "El Diablo Bastard" and I made the goal of being the first hetrosexual couple to make out in Piedmont Park at night, and ended up driving over there. (I can't resist a good dare). But alas, it seems all the good "spots" were taken.

Not ones to be deterred, we headed over to the park by Freedom Parkway instead. After a serious amount of fooling around, I decided to "get to the head of the matter". And not 30 seconds after ya man pulled his pants down and I remarked, "It's even bigger now" someone's security lights came on! I guess they wanted to see just how much bigger the night air made, El Diablo Bastard also.

The Mad Dater - Later kids

Let Me Know What You Think. Leave a Comment:
Permanent Post Link | 0 comments


You Know You're at a Hole in The Wall When ... - The Mad Dater Dating Blog
New Posts From The Mad Dater