The Mad Dater online dating blog

The Mad Dater - An Online Dating Blog

Diatribe of a Mad Dater - "Because there's a Bastard in all of us"

Why Write a Dating Blog?
Why All The Bastard Names?



The Best Of The Mad Dater:
Girls Like you Don't Get Married
Bastards I Won't be Dating
The Threesome That Never Was
Player Pie- A Dating Recipe
Dear Condom Manufacturers
The Bastard I'll Always Love - Hip Hop
Break Up Stages
Seinfeld's "The Thing"
Bastard Affective Disorder
November Sweeps
The Oh No You Did Not Girls
The Punisher Bastard
Fiction: The Original Bastard

The More Introspective Mad Dater
Still Missing My Dad
The Night My Mother Disappeared
Now My Brother & I Don't Speak
My Mother Was a Cheater
My Dad's Funeral Was a Joke
The Introspective Mad Dater


Email The Mad Dater

Dating Blog Archives:


Copyright Notice:

© 2003-2010, The Mad Dater.
All written content on this blog
is copyright protected

As if you care about my dating life! But since you're reading this dating blog....

Monday, August 18, 2003
When Bastards Come Back To Haunt You II - See I told you there would be a sequel 

As you may have noticed the drama factor here at Dating Tales From The Mad Dater has reached an all time low - due mostly in part to the departure of "No Sex In The Champagne Room Bastard" . But like any good Soap Opera - which my dating life has become ("All My Bastards" has a nice ring to it) characters never really die; even if they've been killed by a satanic shopping carts while buying groceries for their 2nd wife who was married to their father who died but was realty their brother. Like a night of fried bar food and beer, Bastards inevitable come back to haunt you.

And you guessed it - let's welcome back to the story.... "No Sex In The Champagne Room Bastard". Yes, folks our once hero now semi-villain has returned in an email to The Mad Dater. Seems old buddy old pal was reading this site and feels that I was right about a few things, I would print his whole email, but I just need a little "I was so right" time - (yes I am a bastard too)!
You're are absolutely right about one thing that I hate to admit. I do expect people to wait for me. It a human defect that I have aside of some selfish tendencies that I have. I have been noticing my accountability lately and I need some work. If I have offended you in the past I apologize. I mean that sincerely...
Normally the Mad Dater would revel in the "I'm soo right" thing a little longer... but the truth is that I did spend a good portion of last night thinking about the bastard. I went from almost picking up the phone, to feeling stupid, to angry, to thinking why bother... I'll just end up the losing party.

But I think that John Updike summed it up best when he wrote :
"That's the trouble with caring about anybody, you begin to feel overprotective. Then you begin to feel crowded"
- Rabbit Redux

The Mad Dater - Later kids

Let Me Know What You Think. Leave a Comment:
Permanent Post Link | 0 comments


When Bastards Come Back To Haunt You II - See I told you there would be a sequel - The Mad Dater Dating Blog
New Posts From The Mad Dater