The Mad Dater online dating blog

The Mad Dater - An Online Dating Blog

Diatribe of a Mad Dater - "Because there's a Bastard in all of us"

Why Write a Dating Blog?
Why All The Bastard Names?



The Best Of The Mad Dater:
Girls Like you Don't Get Married
Bastards I Won't be Dating
The Threesome That Never Was
Player Pie- A Dating Recipe
Dear Condom Manufacturers
The Bastard I'll Always Love - Hip Hop
Break Up Stages
Seinfeld's "The Thing"
Bastard Affective Disorder
November Sweeps
The Oh No You Did Not Girls
The Punisher Bastard
Fiction: The Original Bastard

The More Introspective Mad Dater
Still Missing My Dad
The Night My Mother Disappeared
Now My Brother & I Don't Speak
My Mother Was a Cheater
My Dad's Funeral Was a Joke
The Introspective Mad Dater


Email The Mad Dater

Dating Blog Archives:


Copyright Notice:

© 2003-2010, The Mad Dater.
All written content on this blog
is copyright protected

As if you care about my dating life! But since you're reading this dating blog....

Tuesday, August 12, 2003
The Bastardful Weekend Continued - This is a long one -  

So Saturday. Our story opens with The Mad Dater thinking "I look too cute to be sitting on my couch on a beautiful Saturday." So I call up "Beat Box Bastard" ,(who, I've been meaning to get up for a minute) "Trekkers Bastard" , (who called me multiple times on Friday - I'm guessing a little more than tipsy - but I was otherwise occupied with "Dr. Sigmund Bastard"), and "No Sex In The Champagne Room Bastard" (I felt a little bad about the whole situation - yes The Mad Dater" does have a conscience!).

So "Trekkers Bastard" doesn't answer (recovering, I'm guessing. "Beat Box Bastard" calls me and we decide to have lunch at La Fonda . I shoulda known better... the paella sucks here and the margaritas, are basically lemonade with weak tequila and a lime. But what was more disappointing than the food... was the company - for someone who always shines when I see him out, "Beat Box Bastard" , was well... a little dull. I'm mean the conversation was all about him - I did my best impression of an Active Listener - You know, saying my "Uh, huh", "Oh Really" and "So how did that turn out?" at the right times. I was basically Ed McMann to His Johnny - except I wasn't laughing. It took all my energy to not look at the passing traffic. But he's still cool ... and cute....

Then I head back to my house and realize that my phone had been off that whole time. Check the messages, and one is from "No Sex In The Champagne Room Bastard" , call ya man back and meet him for an earlier dinner. Just end up having drinks and rehashing the fact that we'll never be together. I'll never be a member of his church and he'll never come to his senses... kidding. He'll never be with someone outside of his church. So I let it all out - tell him everything that I felt about him (secretly I was hoping that , I don't know - that something would change - silly girl), but we have 2 drinks and then he tells me that he has to "Study his Lessons" - the Bible that is.

Right before he leaves "Bastard From The Past" comes up with his dog. I introduce them, and who do I spot over his shoulder, but "It's a Wrap Bastard" . Man I've had a crush on him for like six years. So after "No Sex In The Champagne Room Bastard" leaves. I go holla at "It's a Wrap Bastard" - hey I was looking cute and you can't waste a good cute day! He says that I should "kidnap" him. I was like "Boy I really would, if you let me". Then I tell him that I use to have a crush on him. He's like we've wasted a lot of time... have we ever. So I tell him that I'm headed over to the house of "Bastard From The Past"and I'll get up with him on my way to MJQ .

I'll still answer the question: "Why does the Mad Dater's neck hurt?" in my next post. Gotta jet!

The Mad Dater - Later kids

Let Me Know What You Think. Leave a Comment:
Permanent Post Link | 0 comments


The Bastardful Weekend Continued - This is a long one - - The Mad Dater Dating Blog
New Posts From The Mad Dater