The Mad Dater online dating blog

The Mad Dater - An Online Dating Blog

Diatribe of a Mad Dater - "Because there's a Bastard in all of us"

Why Write a Dating Blog?
Why All The Bastard Names?



The Best Of The Mad Dater:
Girls Like you Don't Get Married
Bastards I Won't be Dating
The Threesome That Never Was
Player Pie- A Dating Recipe
Dear Condom Manufacturers
The Bastard I'll Always Love - Hip Hop
Break Up Stages
Seinfeld's "The Thing"
Bastard Affective Disorder
November Sweeps
The Oh No You Did Not Girls
The Punisher Bastard
Fiction: The Original Bastard

The More Introspective Mad Dater
Still Missing My Dad
The Night My Mother Disappeared
Now My Brother & I Don't Speak
My Mother Was a Cheater
My Dad's Funeral Was a Joke
The Introspective Mad Dater


Email The Mad Dater

Dating Blog Archives:


Copyright Notice:

© 2003-2010, The Mad Dater.
All written content on this blog
is copyright protected

As if you care about my dating life! But since you're reading this dating blog....

Monday, July 21, 2003
Queue New Edition's "Is This The End" 

Well the answer is YES! This, Kids is the last that you will hear of "No Sex In The Champagne Room Bastard" . Yes, I know, you've heard me sing that refrain before. And you ask, "Mad Dater, how do we know it's true this time?". Well, 'cause I say so, that's why! Possible reasons for the insanity of the last few weeks: (In an unrelated event, during our morning meeting at work, we discussed healthcare options and my boss mentioned that as always, mental health is included in our plans!)

  • The Heat:  Atlanta can get pretty hot in the summer.
  • I Was In Heat:  This explanation was offered by JB  - Ok that totally went over my head the first time!
  • I Needed Drama: Since TV shows are in re-runs I needed to create my own drama. 
  • I just mistook intensity of emotion for something else.  (This does not include the intense dislike I now feel.)  

So how is it that I can say that this is the end and mean it? Well our story starts like this: Ya man and I went out, had a drink and I told him this would be the last time that we see each other. That resolve lasted all of 5 minutes, because then he started singing to me - I became a silly school girl, emphasis on silly, because I actually was considering changing my mind. Then he drops me off and I ask him what does he think about what I said. He does not answer my question and heats me the hell up - I get out the car and just start walking - good thing I live in a reasonably safe neighborhood since it was like 2:00 in the morning. He calls me when he gets home. I listen to the phone ring and think, "Is there a point to picking up this phone? Do I just want more frustration?" So I don't answer. He calls the next afternoon and leaves a message. I return his phone call - silly me - no answer.

But the really turning point came later that night. Someone called me at 1:00 AM and this person was really disrespectfulto me- I don't know if it was a joke, a threat or what - probably an Ex-Bastard just being a jerk- but it freaked me out. So I called "No Sex In The Champagne Room Bastard" because I was freaking out and thinking, that no matter what had went on, that he would have at least put my mind at ease. But instead of trying to console me or put my mind at ease, he's like I'm going to BED!!!! THIS IS THE SAME MAN WHO CALLED ME AT 5:00 AM TO BE CONSOLED BECAUSE HE GOT HIS CAR TOWED! I'm freaking out and he tells me he's tired. Though cliché but true, actions speak louder than words. I'm actually happy that this happened, because I actually needed a concrete reason to disregard the overwhelming feelings that I have - I'm sorry HAD for him. I just want to say: "Thank You for being such as Bastard and bring me back to my senses BASTARD! "No Sex In The Champagne Room Bastard" .. "

From now on I will remember to live by my motto: Men, good for entertainment use only!

This rant was brought to you by THE MAKERS OF THE EXCLAMATION POINT !™,
"Adding emphasis to Rants worldwide with a single character"

Later Kids!

The Mad Dater - Later kids

Let Me Know What You Think. Leave a Comment:
Permanent Post Link | 0 comments


Queue New Edition's "Is This The End" - The Mad Dater Dating Blog
New Posts From The Mad Dater